“This blog hop tour is designed to show our readers a more personal side. We list seven interesting facts to help cast light onto that tough writer’s persona we all like to project.”
Okay a rattle through the rules : You post 7 facts about yourself and then links to 15 blogs (or as many as you can!) that you rate and recommend.
See http://lauriestarkey.wordpress.com/2014/11/14/332/ for more info.
If your blog is tagged/recommended you don’t have to participate but it would be great if you do. The more the merrier!
Many thanks to Laurie Starkey, author of The SoulKeepers series, for adding me to the blog tour! Laurie ( or LA Starkey as she goes by in the world of words) is an amazing new author and all round good egg!
Okay, 7 facts about me:
1. Bette Davis is my favourite actor of all time! I love her performances, her drive, her grit. No actress before or after her quite compares in my book – utterly captivating and the only actor I ever wanted to climb into the screen and be as a kid. This has to be one of the best closing scenes to a film ever, with quite possibly one of the best final lines :
2. I almost became an artist! There were four things I loved as a child – writing (abandoned when I learned that there wasn’t much money in it… ahem, obviously came back to that one), reading, performing (school plays here I come!) and drawing. I’m not talking crayola stick figures here. I was pretty good and planned to study Fine Art until I hit. Frankly, art class in school was boring as hell. I haven’t picked up a sketchpad since.
3. I’ve been to Las Vegas four times and I’m working my way up to a fifth. I can’t help it, it’s my favourite place in the world – and I don’t even gamble.
4. I’m trying to learn the ukelele. Okay, I’ve been trying for a while but it’s hard to find time amongst all this writing malarky you know 🙂
5. I volunteer for , a feline welfare charity in the UK. When I’m not working or writing, I help look after their social media for them. I’d encourage anyone with a few hours to spare (even if that’s only a few a month) to go out support a charity in their community. It’s incredibly rewarding and your help, not matter how small, is appreciated.
6. I’m married to David, eight years my junior and an awesome product designer. He’s also a very talented musician and you should check out his band, https://www.facebook.com/PeelYourOwnSpuds, because they’re great
7. I have achieved the First Degree level in Reiki, the Usui Tibetan System of Healing. Roll on Second Degree, Practioner level!
Okay, so that’s my seven facts about me.. but this blog tour isn’t just about sharing a little about yourself. It’s about paying it forward, back and sideways to all the other bloggers out there who make you smile, think or just entertain you with their wit, wisdom and words.
So, in the interests of brevity I’m naming a few of my favourites here. Pop over and pay them a visit, you won’t regret it.
Nominations… and the award goes to
L A Starkey This goes without saying. Her blog is choc full of great writing tips, previews from her young adult series and a sneaky rummage through her mind which you won’t be able to resist. Laurie is one of the sweetest, funniest, talented writers I know and a thoroughly great gal. She’s supportive of other writers and always has time for her fans. That’s the sort of combo you want in an author. www. lauriestarkey.wordpress.com
J M Shorney Whether you are into the paranormal or like a good crime thriller there’s something in Jean Shorney’s blog and books for you. Her blog is a great place to drop buy if you want sneaky previews of her current work in progress as well as lots of short stories that you won’t find anywhere else. http://jmshorney.wordpress.com/
Nicholas Rossis is the uber talented creator of the Pearseus series. Honestly, I don’t know how he does it. He is prolific and the depth of this writing is technical sound and so complex I think I’d have lost my marbles creating his fictional world. This is a compliment by the way. Seriously, this writer has mad skills. Not only that, his blog is rammed full of tips, guest blogs and general commentary on the life of an author. http://nicholasrossis.me/
Movies, Films and Flix who doesn’t love a bad movie now and again?! Well I do and this site is a great place to stop by and pick up your injection of cult horror badness. This is one of my favourite blogs right now. http://moviesfilmsandflix.com/
Catherine, Caffienated is a relatively new one that I’m following but this writer is my kind of woman. A rip snorting, no holds barred rattle through tips for self publishing, how not to piss people off on Twitter and a sensible amount of self promotion. http://catherineryanhoward.com/
What the Cat Read These crazy cats review books… no, seriously https://whatthecatread.wordpress.com/
I could go on and one but there’s so much great content, it’s difficult to choose. This post will end up as war and peace to include them all… but if you pop over to the right, you should see a nifty list of some of the blogs I follow.